Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Very Preppy Tuesday

While my currently location is hundreds of miles from both an ivy league campus and the eastern seaboard, I feel that today's attire could easily place me comfortably in either setting.


The RL madras was found on my most recent excursion for a cool $2.50, and pairs well with the urban slim flit J. Crew chinos I found on discount at the outlet in HHI last month. With suede driving mocs and the classic timex, this kit is about as classic American prep as it gets. Although I'm in love with the chinos, I continue to be disappointed in the fit of RL shirts. I know for a couple of bucks I can't complain, but I really wish the sleeves were just a little shorter.






Today's look fits in rather well with the latest reading selection, as my keen interest in the Kennedy family continues to grow. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the 8 part mini-series, proving that my enjoyment wasn't based solely on my adoration of Camelot. After watching the series and working my way through this biography, I can't help but wonder how a family that defined the American Dream could have dealt with all the tragedies the 20th century handed them. Although the last year has sealed the saga that Joseph Kennedy gave birth to, I will always look back and adore the true magical kingdom that was Camelot.


Thank you for your time, JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment