Friday, September 9, 2011

Something to Agree On..

It may have just been the way I was raised, but questioning anothers political views is simply a no-win situation. It's unfortunate to think about the political turmoil in America and have to endure the constant bickering across the aisles each day, but last night during the President's job speech, I finally noticed a somewhat cohesive agreement between the parties:Vineyard Vines.
While paying attention to his usual skeptical-I'd-rather-be-golfing glance, I noticed that Speaker Boehner was sporting a Vineyard Vines tie. This exact tie to be specific. And although Biden's purple silk wasn't from VV, I was positive I'd seen him in one before, so it was time to put my ever-developing research skills to the test...
Turns out my hunch was right, as the dapper Vice President can often be found in VV. Although Obama spent the week pre-Irene in Martha's Vineyard, I doubt we'll see him donning the whale anytime soon. But in the meantime, members of both parties can often be seen adding a little color and character to Capitol Hill..
Boehner once again, no pun intended through this photo, it's just the most revealing tie shot I could find.
While I believe Boehner has reached the pinnacle of his career, it's not beyond reach for the whale to make its way into the White House, as John Kerry nearly proved in 2004.
It could perhaps be sooner than we think, as Mitt Romney would love to prove.

Being that our politicians may not agree on much these days, it's nice to see them on the same page for a change. Although a beautiful necktie from Shep and Ian isn't going to fix the deficit or fight terrorism, it can be viewed as a message that although our parties differ vastly in many ways, a nice tie can make even a politician look good.

Thank you for your time, JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment