Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Until Next Year..

While one can never really be sure about the season in Kentucky (hence 75º December days), fall is nearly here in the bluegrass. It goes without saying that seersucker and white have been retired until spring, but there are a few other things I put up over winter and just can't wait to break back into the following year...
 I love madras, as it provides the ability to be a step above every other man in tshirts and sloppy polos during summer outings.
 For those who live on a beach, I see nothing wrong with corona as a year round option, but when the temperature begins winding down I prefer moving along to something that provides  little more "blanket" as we like to call it.
Although I see them fit for nothing more than the beach and the lake, it's sad to put the rainbows up, as you know it means it'll be a while before the beach or lake calls your name again. But just like an old friend, they'll be there waiting on you when you really need them for an improptu trip to Cabo in a few months..

No matter how old I get, it's always sad to see summer fade away, as I can't help but wonder if another good one will come my way. Yet the beauty of the great state of Kentucky is the fact that it's a very seasonal state, meaning just when the fruits of one season have exhausted, the completely different and unknown pleasures of another await as you close the closet door..

Thank you for your time, JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment