Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Fine American Establishment

Great meals are one thing I feel that we cherish and likely never forget. Although it was a far from a fine establishment in New York, I'll never forget my first Chick-fil-A experience. Perhaps it was just a great day, as after playing Freddy Couples' signature Kelly Plantation in Destin we picked up a to go platter of nuggets. Our hungry group of teens ransacked the little bites of heaven swimming in the gooey Polynesian sauce. I'm not sure how far the chain reaches north, but I'm guessing it probably stops along with Cracker Barrel somewhere in the hell that is Ohio. Not only do I find the food, dessert, drinks, and service simply amazing, but I admire the owner who built a fast food empire based on character. While the Ronald McDonald Foundation is great, it takes a completely different breed of character to pay thousands of dollars of fines per week, not even considering missed business, simply because he believes Sunday is a day for rest. In a country depleted of integrity and character, it is my hope that the memory of such individuals will help rebuild our struggling society.


It's proved to a very peaceful rainy morning, as the first class of my final semester lasted a mere 20 minutes. With hours to spare before my next class, I felt it was the perfect time to check out the new establishment in our lovely college town. With great product, fine service, and free wifi to boot, it's hard not to enjoy. On a bit of an ironic note, just after uploading this photo a group of Buckeyes fans sat down beside me. Although I felt it was a sign at first to tone down my criticism, I was quickly reminded it was justified as the father poured out his leftover thermos coffee , IN THE TRASH CAN....no wonder Lebron took his talents elsewhere.

Thank you for your time,

JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment