Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Day Dreaming

It was nice to finally be able to squeeze in a game of tennis today, albeit indoors, I feel these sloshy winter days help remind us to be active in preparation the lakes and beaches of summer. I braved the snow quite well today, although my evening ended in somewhat of an icy situation. Like most, the Christmas holiday and spring break expenses have left my wallet a bit light at the moment, but it is the dream of brighter days that both motivate me to work even harder and plan my future endeavors. While I have never figured out what it is, something about me has always been drawn into a beautiful light brown leather. From my current dopp kit and briefcase to the Rolex Cellini I will certainly own one day, this shade-lighter-than-milk chocolate color has always been the sign of pure luxury to me. With my inauguration only days away, I am slightly upset that I will be trotting the halls of the Capitol in loafers. Unlike most objects, shoes are a very tricky item to locate secondhand, yet undoubtedly play the most important role in one's kit. Although my current selection is by no means slacking, I have dreamed for years of what the Italians have relied on for generations. While I prefer American made, I can't imagine anything across the pond being much better:






The McAllister by Allen Edmonds is everything I feel a dress shoe should be, and will play well with almost any suit one should ever wear. While I don't mind the traditional walnut leather, there is something about a beautiful tan shoe that brings out the best of a suit. I hope to have these shoes well before the Rolex, but my goodness how well they would go together. In looking at items like these, I often question my career goal of public service. On the other hand, I'm sure there are plenty of lobbyist groups out there lining up to buy me nice things, just ask House Speaker John Boner (nickname via "W").


Thank you for your time,

JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment