Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ideas Are Forever

Earlier this evening after some amazing Chinese and a movie, the lady friend asked me if I was afraid of 2012. In short, I answered absolutely not. While national tragedies and a growing sense of evil in our society leave me at times questioning the world, this simply is not enough to give up on society. I often spend time studying the lives of great men who left their mark on society, some who had only a short time in the world. In studying the likes of JFK, Steve McQueen, and Hunter S. Thompson, we find examples of men who chose a tougher way of life and in doing so left a great impact on society. Much has been said of the youngest Tuscon shooting victim lately and the great future that was taken from her. Many years ago, President Abraham Lincoln claimed that it's not the years in one's life, but the life in one's years which truly matters. While at nine years old her true potential will never be known, but it must always be remembered that when someone lives a life for a good cause, in death their idea lives on. In trying to figure out my future plans as of late, I am having trouble understanding how to truly be a positive impact on the world around me. Once again, I do not fear 2012, and I fully believe I will live to have a beautiful gray head full of hair, but if we knew it all ended tomorrow, what would be your idea that lived on?

Thank you for your time,

JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment