Monday, January 10, 2011

War Eagle!

From nearly every angle this past weekend was an absolute debauchery in my sporting world. After watching the entire UK sporting world tumble in a matter of 28 hours by thrashings from the NCAA, Pitt, and the dirty dogs of Georgia, I then rounded out my winter break by having a third row seat to see my Alma Mater get thrashed in basketball. While the games left little to smile about, I did enjoy testing out the  Bean Boots and new field coat in the blizzard that won't seem to leave Kentucky. In many ways I feel that we are currently in the greatest stretch of the American sports calendar, with the NFL playoffs heating up, conference play beginning in college basketball, and although a few months away we are edging closer to "a tradition unlike any other" in Augusta, GA. And yeah, for football fans there's that little game tonight between the Nike Ducks and sCam Newton. While it is questionable how the NCAA is letting it happen, I must stick to my SEC roots and cheer on the Tigers, not to mention the influence of a lovey group of Auburn fans I met in Panama City this past spring break.

Another fine representation of all that is to love in the south. As for the game, I'm predicting Auburn to pull away in the end of what is certain to be a shootout, 38-31. Although today's sports ramblings are far from what I imagined this site to be about, it is vital to understand the importance of sports and competition in the American lifestyle. I'll end today's post with the review of my most recent acquisition, the classic Timex camper watch.





After pondering over a new watch for sometime, I found the Camper on sale for around 1/6 of the price of the Timex for J. Crew. Overall I'm very pleased with the simple watch, although its plastic casing could be a bit heavier, or I could have shelled out the extra benjamin for J.Crew metal.



My only true complaint lies in the stock band. While I adore the classic military olive strap, I am very disappointed that it is sewn on, and will require being cut when I use other another band. Although lovely bands can be found cheap at both J. Press and J. Crew, I'm the type that doesn't like to waste or destroy anything, especially a Timex classic band. I hope we all enjoy tonight's conclusion to the 2010 college football season, and view the game for the classic American tradition that it truly is. War Damn Eagle!!!

Thank you for your time,

JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment