Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Unphasable

While yesterday's BCS title game failed to be the shootout most of the country expected, it still made for a very electrifying match up proving once again the southeastern supremacy in pigskin. My prediction proved to be a bit off, but if any gamblers followed my advice you took your bookie both ways (Auburn and the under). I hope my Auburn ladies enjoyed the lovely temperatures in Scottsdale while celebrating, but in the meantime another blizzard has made its way to the bluegrass. Although Bean Boots have endured many years as a foul weather necessity, I feel compelled to further endorse this iconic American product. First and foremost, do not make the mistake of settling for a cheaper imitation product, as my nearly frostbitten toes drug across campus in a pair last semester. At $90, I ended up going with the standard 8" model in classic tan leather, forgoing both the Goretex and Thinsulated versions. With a pair of thick wool socks, these standard classics have more than endured the single digit temperatures of the past few weeks.






While I am certainly ready to trot the fairways of St. Augustine in a few months, the well dressed gentleman has no reason to fear the winter. As the blizzard continues to relentlessly blow outside my Bean Boots sit dry and unphased by the fireplace in the den, ready for whatever mother nature may continue to throw at them.


Thank you for your time,

JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment