Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Coversation Pieces

Throughout many homes there are various items and treasures that remind us of where we have been and the things we have enjoyed in life. From trophy bucks to hole-in-one balls, it never gets old telling the retelling the stories to guests and reminiscing on just how special these events were. I think I've made it clear on here that fashion, golf, and politics are my main hobbies in life, thus my coffee table reading material should come as no surprise.





Sea Island is no question my favorite place on earth. The service is southern hospitality at its finest, and the Seaside Course gives me all I can handle every time I tee it up. Being the golf nut that I am, I simply had to purchase this table book to help share with others the little slice of heaven I've found in southern Georgia.

For those who hadn't guessed by now, I'm loyal to the democratic party, and for me, JFK is the mecca of American men. From style, to women, to knowledge, he had it all, and although this vintage piece is falling apart, it still provides an excellent look at Jack from the prospective of his family members.

Finally, the Flusser book is a simple must for any connoisseur of mens fashion. While it isn't so much a how to guide, it does provide a detailed history of many of the classic pieces that make up the traditional American wardrobe.


Note: I decided to stick with my grandfather's antique trunk rather than purchasing a coffee table, and please excuse my light chocolate carpet, I hope to have a lovely antique rug in here in the next week or so.

Thank you for your time, JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment