Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wheels, Tears, and Radicals

The move has been a bit time consuming lately, as I have constantly been back and forth between the big city and eastern Kentucky. I hope to use this blog and others as my outlet to escape the pressures of learning to become a barrister.  As the price of fuel continues to soar I've continuing to enjoy the urban lifestyle, particularly thanks to my newest ride..
While I've quickly learned that riding a bike in the middle of summer can be a bit tough on ones clothing, I'm enjoying the early morning rides and unlimited miles per gallon. It's not vintage or rugged by any means, but when a few items move in the store I have some upgrades in mind.
Speaking of energy, this RED, WHITE, and BLUE sticker caught my eye while in EKY over the weekend. It certainly has a good point, as those who are quick to criticize coal often don't understand what keeps their homes chilled on these hot summer days. I refuse to let my politics take over this lovely blog, and by no way endorse the more racy sticker, although it does give one an idea of the place I for many years called home.
Finally, on a more relative note, I was very disappointed when I noticed my belt sagging from the side of my recently purchased J. Crew chinos. I'm typically not one to mind a tear or slight blemish in clothing, as I generally don't have too much invested. Unfortunately for me, I bought these pants retail and have misplaced the receipt, meaning of course that the folks at J. Crew will have nothing to do with me. Chinos are one of the more available items to be found on the cheap, but my wish for a more "Urban" fit has backfired. Although torn, they'll still make for an excellent pair of lightweight summer khakis to pair with an undone polo or tee shirt.


Thank you for your time, JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment