Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Urban Prep

While chinos and shorts are necessities for surviving the summer heat,  I can't help but feel sorry for the denim that serves me so well in almost every occasion. In switching the uniform up a bit today I felt a bit more urban while still maintaining the all-American look I've become known for.
I paired my well worn 514's with a vintage cotton madras shirt from Gitman Bros, thus being able to breathe a bit up top while smothering away down below while pedaling my bike on this 96 degree Louisville day. I held things together nicely with the brown florsheim belt I found earlier this week for a a buck and a half.
My high school days saw me wearing 511's, but eventually comfort took precedent and I left the super-skinny thing to hollywood and rockers. While the fit of my jeans has transformed along the years, this pair of Vans has remained the same, just a pair of classic white Authentics that have traveled the globe with me and aged nicely into the beat-all-to-hell look. It was nice wearing the jeans out today, although I clearly jumped the gun a bit, but that's alright, fall's just around the corner after all.


Thank you for your time, JBH

No comments:

Post a Comment